The Allcastle Procedure of Purchase
Step 1 – The Initial Tender
- Arrange a current s10.7(2) certificate, contour survey, and soil test of your land, if it is registered.
- Prepare a tender for the construction of your new home.
- Consult with us about your preferred house type, façade, upgrades and any additional cost items that you would like included in the tender.
- Provide a copy of your land details with a DP Number, a Sales Plan if applicable, and a Linen Plan.
- A non-refundable tender fee is required at this stage. This will secure current pricing and any promotions.
Step 2 – Tender Presentation & Plans Prepared
- Present your tender and explain all the items and steps associated with the building of your new home.
- Once you have accepted the tender, we will begin drawing house plans to your requirements, as detailed in your tender.
- We will provide you with a colour pack consisting of brochures advising where you can view bricks and roof tiles.
- After discussing your tender, payment of the Acceptance of Tender Fee will be required within 7 days from the original tender date. This non-refundable payment will come off your contract price and form part of the 5% deposit for your new home.
- Please visit brickyards prior to your next meeting. In your colour pack, an ‘External Colour Selection’ sheet is included, which needs to be completed prior to your next meeting.
- If required, please organise finance approval.
Step 3 – Plan Review & External Colour Selections
- Confirm with you that your plans accurately reflect your requirements and discuss any final changes to be made.
- Provide a proforma copy of the building contract for you to read in preparation for Step 4.
- Our Colour Consultant will meet with you to assist finalising colours for external items such as brick and roof colours. At this point, no further structural changes can be made.
- You will need to bring your completed ‘External Colour Selection’ sheet from your colour pack. Please visit the brick display centres prior to the appointment.
Step 4 – Build Contract
- Organise a meeting to provide you with your building contract, ready for signing.
- Your building contract must be signed within 60 days of the tender date. Once signed, the 5% deposit is due (less the tender acceptance fee previously paid).
- Should you need an existing dwelling demolished, you will need to lodge a separate demolition approval at this time.
Step 5 – Plan Lodgement
- We will lodge your plans for BASIX and NatHERS assessment. Some authorities may require additional documents such as landscape design, hydraulics, flood or bushfire reports. These are an additional cost and are the responsibility of the owner.
- We will lodge your plans with approving authority for approval.
Step 6 – Internal Colour Selections
- During this appointment, our Colour Consultant will guide you in selecting all your internal colours including kitchen and bathroom finishes and colours, internal paint colours, doors, and floor coverings.
- Your colour selection variations will be emailed to you. At this stage variations can still be added or changed.
- Once colours are finalised, your electrical and lighting design is finalised.
Step 7 – Construction Of Your New Home
Allcastle will commence construction once the following steps have been completed:
- You have finalised variations and colour selections. Allcastle will issue a final set of constructions plans and any post contract variations for your approval and signature.
- We receive authority to commence construction from your lender, or confirmation of the availability of required funds.
- We receive approval from relevant authorities and your site has been cleared to our satisfaction.
During this stage, we will keep you informed of the progress of your construction. However, should you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact our office: 02 9672 7055